- It is important to do your part to keep prescription drug medications out of your homes; out of our water; out of the reach of children! Properly dispose of your unused, unwanted or expired medication! The Stoughton Police Department has a Drug Drop Box located at 321 S 4th St. It is free, safe, anonymous and available 24/7 or go to our Request for Resources form to ask for an at-home disposal kit.!
What can you put in the Drug Drop Box?
- Prescription medications
- Medication samples
- Over-the-counter medications
- Vape Devices
- If your child's doctor or dentist prescribes an opioid following surgery or injury, talk to your child about the risks of misusing the medication.
- Make sure your youth has an “exit plan” if they are offered prescription pain medications or other drugs. Have them practice with you!
- Medication Lock Boxes and Bags: We have lockable storage boxes in two sizes and lockable zipper bag that some community members use when traveling. Keeping prescription drugs and THC containing oils, edibles and liquids locked up keeps everyone in your house safe! Storage containers are available at the Stoughton Area Senior Center. Can’t find one or can’t get to our location when they’re open? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll arrange a more convenient pick-up location and time.